This is going to be amusing – the Virginia State Amateur is heading to fabled Ballyhack, which means the golfers may be lambs to the slaughter. Ballyhack is going to drive the players crazy; you have to play defensive golf yo survive. It’s an all-World golf course…but I know a lot of the golfers that will be playing in this event, and they are NOT exactly the most creative thinkers out there. With its wild greens, cunning diagonal and center-line hazards, and punishing bunkering, Ballyhack will get in their heads and scramble their brains. No one will in the tournament, they will survive it. My Cybergolf article on Ballyhack is here. Enjoy…and congratulations to architect Lester George for his great work on the course!
We’re bringing it back! An old favorite column we haven’t run in ages – Think Before you Facebook Something Stupid. In fact, in honor of Steve Elkington’s horrifying Twitter account, especially yesterday’s homophobic lunacies, we may expand the column to Twitter soon as well. But for now, here’s the latest vapid, stupid, shocking, mind-numbing gibberish from YOUR Facebook friends! Until next time, remember: not every thought is worthy of public expression!
10. I just dropped my phone in the toilet! (React: I don’t think the bag of rice will work on…that…)
9. I like dresses! (React: Vaaaaaaaa-piiiiiiiiid…vaaaaaaaaapiiiiiiiiid…)
8. Anybody up for the Jethro Tull concert? (React: Sure…right after Rush and Whytesnake…)
7. I soooo can’t wait to wear flip-flops and sandals… (React: SoCal, you can go to Hell now:)
6. I ate dinner at Publix tonight! (Come on people! If you’re going to post food, it has to be interesting or you’re wasting people’s time!)
5. Anyone who voted for Romney is a racist! I learned to think like that at Trinity College…
4. I’m staying home watching TV tonight.
3. There’s a whole bunch of deers in my back yard. (React: I said to her “Deer.” She looked blankly at me. “Wha?” she asked vacantly. “Deer!” I repeated. “Not deers. ‘Deer’ is already plural. You wouldn;t say ‘Chineses’, would you?” Good lord!
For numbers 2 and 1 we’re gonna go to the videotape:
and number one…
And that is why you don’t look to the Germans for fashion sense. Until next time, remember – THINK! Before you Facebook something STUPID!!
I’m sure Brian Keogh at Irish Golf Desk will have the story soon. For now, here’s the BBC story about this great news – Royal County Down is back!
From the article:
“The 2015 Irish Open is to be staged at Royal County Down, three years after Royal Portrush successfully hosted the European Tour event.
It will be the first time in 75 years that the tournament will be played at the Newcastle links course.
Royal County Down staged the Senior British Open from 2000 to 2002 and the Walker Cup was also held there in 2007.”